At our state Board of Director’s meeting this weekend, we touched on a number of topics. Here are some highlights:
The board passed a motion to support continuing our fundraising efforts through concessions at Twins games. This may also extend to the new soccer stadium in the future.
There are financial incentives from both the Foundation and through JCI Minnesota for chapters that grow each quarter/trimester, so please spread the word, and help us promote the chapter! Growth is also essential for the state organization’s budget, which was passed as well. A key point: 42% of our members in the state age out in the next five years!
JCI Minnesota has condensed the regions down to three; Shakopee is in the South Region (Region 3, District 2).
JCI Minnesota is looking to boost its visibility on social media. For the Twitter users in our chapter, here’s some hashtags to keep in mind when posting about Jaycee events: #JCIMN, #JCIMNBUILDSLEADERS, #WEAREJCIMN, #JAYCEESIMPACT
On the state and national level, there are a number of events coming up:
- March 9-10: State Bowling, Bemidji
- April 4-7: JCI USA national meeting in Indianapolis
- April 26-27: Mid America Institute at Crowne Plaza Bloomington
- May 10-12: JCI Minnesota Spring Convention, Breezy Point
- May 15-18: Conference of the Americas in Argentina
- September 26-29: JCI USA Annual Meeting/TOYA in Texas, TBD
- October 18-20: JCI Minnesota Fall Convention/Elections, Austin
If you are interested in attending any of these events, please reach out to State Delegate Matt Duffy or President Drew Kothenbeutel for more information.