1. No use of any Jaycee venue for campaigning. This includes all list serves, the website, the newsletter, and meeting or project times.
2. Campaigning may be done before and after projects or meetings. At Renaissance this means prior to opening procedures for pubs (approximately 8:30 am) and after final closing procedures for pubs (approximately 7:30 pm) – you MAY NOT campaign or discuss elections during Fest hours whether you are working or on break.
3. Flyers and other materials that you wish to hand out or mail to EVERY member must be approved by the Elections Chairperson (Linda Bittner). If you plan to hand out material, you MUST ensure that EVERY member receives a copy whether they are at the event or not.
4. Printed material may only contain information regarding your plans for the office you are running for, your experience and what you will be bringing to the position. You MAY NOT include anything regarding any other candidate.
5. Printing and mailing costs are to be at your own expense. No use of Chapter property is allowed.
6. Anything that is mailed or distributed by a candidate MAY NOT include proxy materials, pre-addressed and/or pre-stamped envelopes.
7. The ONLY Elections materials to be handed out at Fest during Fest hours are the information that Linda will be distributing regarding Declarations for Office and Proxy Votes. Nothing else is to be distributed to Pubs or to the Hospitality Area behind Kings.
8. You may call or personally speak to other Chapter Members. Contact the Membership Staff to get a calling list. You may only discuss your plans for the office you are running for, your experience and what you will be bringing to the position. You MAY NOT discuss anything regarding any other candidate.
9. The night of Elections you may hand out the following: Plan of Action, Campaign Brochure, Flyers, etc. You will be allowed to address all in attendance during the Elections process.
10. NO MUD SLINGING OR BAD MOUTHING ANY CANDIDATE!! If you do not like someone that is running for an office, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!! This is a civilized organization unlike some elections we do not condone any mudslinging or bad mouthing.
Any questions please contact ShakopeeJCElections@gmail.com