How Can We Help?
January 17, 2019 – Minutes – Taken by A. Beecher
JCI Shakopee GM Meeting
Next Meeting:February 21, 2019
Present:D. Kothenbeutel, R. Beecher, J. Cortez, A. Beecher, P. Zimmerman, P. Hesse, L. Gherity, J. Fogelberg, S. Beaumont, M. Anderson, C. Hexum, M. Duffy, D. Bittner, C. Moritz, A. Rahn, L. Case, C. Kostelecky, D. Nerdahl, N. Kinkaid
- Call to Order. 7:35
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Special Guests – Anthony Stofferahn, Scott County CERT Equipment
Correctional Emergency Response Team is looking for help funding equipment. There are currently 4 officers, each working separate shifts. Ideally they would like to have 12+ officers (4 for each shift).
Plate Harness $95.99
Shock Plates $178.98-$268.99
Tactile Helmet $98.99
Protection Mask $69.99
High Price $534 per person for all 4 items ($2136 for full equipment for all 4 current officers
4. Approval of Previous Minutes: Motion to approve December 20, 2018 GM Meeting minutes. 1st by Duffy, 2nd by M. Anderson. Motion passes.
5. Approval of the Consent Agenda: Motion to approve consent agenda. 1st by Duffy, 2nd by Gherity. Motion passes.
6. Approval of the Business Agenda: Motion to approve business agenda. 1st by Duffy, 2nd by Beaumont. Motion passes.
7. Consent Agenda: Please See Treasurer for Account Balances
8. General Business and Reports
- 2019 Budget Proposal: Motion to approve the proposed budget with the amendment to change MD17 to “JCI Shakopee Gold Star Club”. 1st by Duffy, 2nd by Kostelecky. Motion passes.
- Office Remodel Update – $ in the budget, working Sundays in February
- Lab Night Launch – 1st Thursday in March – 2019 JCI MN State President Dean Carlson will be guest bartender
- Incentives Committee – talk to Carolyn Kostelecky if you’re interested in joining the team!
- Pool Party Social- Great Wolf Lodge (Feb 2)
- Snow Tubing Social- Three Rivers (Mar 10) 11:00-1:00 – Melissa Anderson – 3 rivers park in Maple Grove – watch FB for more
- Bowling Social (March/April)- Need chair
- Paintball Social (April) – Need chair
- Scavenger Hunt at MOA (April)- Need chair
- Drive-In Social (May)- Need chair
- New Member – Swear in Raven
- Open positions
- Meetings with Community Leaders
- Met with: St. Francis, SVABM, FISH, Mayor
- Upcoming meetings with: Superintendent, Crescent Cove
- CERT Request: Motion to allocate $2,000 from CD3 towards the purchase of equipment for CERT. 1st by Kostelecky, 2nd by M. Anderson. Motion passes.
- Motion to call to question. 1st by D. Nerdahl, 2nd by S. Beaumont. Motion passees.
- Hardship request: Motion to give up to $400 (written directly to the respective business) from CD3 towards the cost of funeral expenses. 1st by Moritz, 2nd by M. Anderson. Motion passes.
- Individual Development:
- Pour painting class – Thursday, March 7 (Lab Night)
- Public Relations:
- Have you received your T-Shirt? See me after a meeting!
- Get the JCI Shakopee name out there with a membership booth at job fairs, all JCI events, college fairs.
- #JCIShakopee #JCIMN
- Check out our website!!
- 5 second Elevator speech – “We are individual development through community service.” This will open up conversation for more explanation.
- State Delegate
- Annual Convention
- Dress Code:
- Friday: Business meetings are Business Casual
- Competitions: Business for competitors and Business Casual for watchers
- Friday Awards: Jaycee Casual- Show off your Chapter or Region attire
- Saturday Trainings: Business Casual
- Saturday Lunch: Business Casual (All 2018 team: Pink State Staff polo and black dress pants only during lunch)
- Saturday Dinner: Formal
- Sunday BOD: Business Attire
- Dress Code:
- Annual Convention
9: Presidential Comments
10: Adjournment: Motion to adjourn. 1st by Duffy, 2nd by M Anderson. Motion Passes, adjournment at 8:54