How Can We Help?
JCI Shakopee BOD Meeting
|Present:||Carolyn Kostelecky, Stephanie Corder, Mathew Arnold, Anne Weidnhamer, Drew Kothenbeutel, Matt Duffy, Kelsey Boler, Elizabeth Gherity, Steven Kramer,|
|Call to Order:|
- Call to Order. 7:30PM
- Special Guests
- Approval of Previous Minutes 1st Carolyn Kostelecky 2nd Mathew Arnold, Motion Passes 7:31pm
- Approval of the Consent Agenda 1st Steven Kramer, 2nd Mathew Arnold, Motion Passes 7:32pm
- Approval of the Business Agenda 1st Andrea Beecher, 2nd Mathew Arnold, Motion Passes 7:32pm
- Consent Agenda
*CHECK REQUESTS DUE THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE MEETING AT 5:00 PM*
Check/Reimbursement Requests: https://jcishakopee.org/knowledge-base/check-request-form/
Road Run URL: http://tinyurl.com/JCIMNRoadRuns
Assistance Requests: https://jcishakopee.org/knowledge-base/hardship-donation-request/
- General Business and Reports
- Budget Allocation:
-Where are we pulling $200 from for the Eagle Scout Donation? CD: Proposed Projects
-Where are we pulling the dollars for letters to Santa mailbox? CD: 7 Holiday Activities
- Q4 Renewals: Getting Final Numbers. Possible snafu. Will have finalized by December GM. Will get us the incentives points spent this year. Need to communicate the incentive points vs membership dollars to Treasurer Andrea
- Zoom Game Night Dec 21st 7pm Anything wild and crazy? Ugly Sweater contest?
- Letters to Santa update: Mail Box at Shakopee Police Station Lobby. Letter template available if you want to type. Need volunteers to write back.
- Santa videos/ rob benjamin: Reading Holiday Books: a few books a week and willing to do video calls with kids
- Adopt a senior request- Melissa Anderson: Shakopee Friendship Manor post. All senior suggested were already adopted, going to reach out to see if there are any more that need to be adopted.
- Hardship Request: Woman looking for assistance with burial assistance. Breanna Kramer passed away. All funds depleted by hospice care. Asking for $5000. They are planning a memorial January 16th. We are allowed to write directly to vendors. Gave them the information to burial assistance. Any dollar amounts helps.
- Remaining Cremation Expense -$500 (if not covered $1500)
- Venue -$500
- Flowers -$200
- Memorial Cards- $50
- Lunch -$500
- Small Urns for each of the girls -$150
- Thumbprint necklace for each of the girls -$200
- Memorial Bench -$2000
- Winter Clothes for girls – $600
Luncheon with COVID???? Will there be a nice urn for the girls to carry the remains? Any immediate needs for the girls well being?
- Individual Development:
- Public Relations:
- State Delegate
- Virtual annual convention: $10/per person State Delegate will 1. Reach out to those who registered for in person and 2. Will do social media post
9: Presidential Comments:
A&I the 18th. Will be virtual. Last BOD meeting presiding over, so sad. Reminder: We dont adjourn last meeting
1st Andrea Beecher 2nd Carolyn Kostelecky Motion Passes 8:07pm
That faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life;
That the brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations;
That economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise;
That government should be of laws rather than of men;
That earth’s great treasure lies in human personality; and
That service to humanity is the best work of life.